Wednesday, June 23, 2010

20. No News: Neither Good Nor Bad, Just No News

I apologize to anyone reading this blog for information, who may have been checking here today. There isn't any news to speak of at the moment. The Folk Department had a meeting last night, and I'm waiting to see people's notes from that before I pass anything along. Other than that, an earthquake in Canada, the fear that oil is falling from the sky in Louisiana, and an absolutely heart-stopping American goal in stoppage time. We live in interesting times, to paraphrase the Chinese curse.

I'd like to thank everyone who has been getting in touch. WTJU stays with a person, because everyone who has ever been at WTJU has given of his or her heart, and that has never been more apparent in everyone's letters.

So, I don't know what's going on, past what was put given to the press last night. The promised blog going up over at the official site (wtju.net) has not as of 3:15PM EDT gone online; keep checking. One thing that I CAN announce is that I have no desire to wrap this space up when the official blog goes up. This is swiftly becoming a very useful nexus of information, and I believe that is a check keeping things honest. No matter what the outcome of all this is, I want the dialogue to be as clear and direct as possible. The last thing I or, I believe, any of us want to see is games being played on either side.

No news is not necessarily good news, but it gives us time to step back, take stock of what has happened, prepare ourselves for whatever might happen next, to perhaps look over those letters we have not sent yet and edit them, or apologize for something you might have said in the passion of the moment. I have never been more proud to be a member of WTJU than I am right now.

Tyler

1 comment:

  1. Tyler - I was glad to hear the WINA interview. Thanks for getting the word out and engaging listeners in conversation.

    I'm hoping for a compromise that allows the station to organize and institutionalize its weirdness rather than smother it.

    ReplyDelete